Choosing a name for your pet is quite a challenge. Not only will you want something original and unique, a name that defines their personality, but also something practical that they can easily identify and pronounce.
Siamese cats are highly regarded for the elegance of their body shape and the color distribution of their fur. If you are not sure what to call your own, we have provided you with several Names lists for both male and female Siamese cats. Read on!
The Siamese cat. It is very popular for its slim figure and stylish colors. The breed is originally from Thailand and it comes in two varieties: Modern Siamese and Thai or Traditional Siamese. But in addition, there are different types of Siamese cats, which can be differentiated by the coat pattern and the tone of it.
Here we explain which are the two varieties of Siamese cat:
- Modern Siamese Archives: They date back to 1800 when the breed left the Asian continent for Europe and North America. It is characterized by a slender body with a triangular head, the color of its fur darkens in the ears, tail, and limbs.
- On the other hand, Siamese Thai: Is difficult to trace in history, but it is known that it was a favorite of royal families. Its appearance is very similar to that of the modern Siamese, but with more rounded shapes.
Have you just adopted a Siamese and you don’t know what name to give him? Don’t miss these lists!
How to choose a name for your Siamese?
When choosing a name for your cat, you should not only think of something original and unique, but also something that is easy for your pet to remember. Otherwise, you will not be able to identify with it.
Now follow these recommendations:
- Choose names of one or two syllables. Something short and to the point will make your cat remember it.
- Bet on names with the vowels “a”, “e”, “i”. They are easier to remember.
- Avoid choosing a name and interrupting its use with a nickname or diminutive, your cat will only respond to one of them.
- Pick a name that’s easy to pronounce for you. That way the word will always sound the same.
- Try to use the same tone of voice. When you address the feline by name, it will be easier for it to associate than you think.
- Use positive reinforcement to get the cat to associate the word with their name and, therefore, with something good.
Now that you know all of that, it’s time to show you all the names you can choose from.
Male Siamese Cat Names
Have you just adopted a Siamese male and you don’t know what to call It? Here is an interesting list!
- To fart
Names for female Siamese cats
If your Siamese is a female, you will also want to choose the perfect name for It. Don’t miss the ones below for you!
Names With Meaning For Siamese Cats
If what matters most to you is that your cat not only has a beautiful name but also a meaning, which defines Its personality then this list is for you!
Pure males, we suggest:
- Noah: builder of the biblical ark.
- Ramses: Egyptian pharaoh.
- David: Hebrew name which means loved.
- Odin: Norse god.
- Pablo: means the youngest of the family.
- Hodor: Character Game of Thrones famous for his loyalty.
- Amon: Egyptian creator god.
- Hakim: means wise in Arabic.
- Zeus: Greek god of thunder.
- Thor: Norse god of thunder.
- Milo: it comes from German and means nice.
- Horus: Egyptian god of heaven and earth.
- Nadir: means exceptional in Arabic.
- Sergio: comes from Latin and means tutor.
For females we suggest:
- Juno: Roman goddess of the family and wife of Jupiter.
- Ada: It is of Hebrew origin and refers to happiness.
- Berta: Germanic name which means famous.
- Chloe: its origin is Greek and refers to green grass.
- Alma: It comes from Latin and means good heart.
- Astrid: He is of Nordic origin and means princess.
- Daphne: Greek nymph transformed into laurel.
- Lucie: means light.
- Chantal: comes from Latin and means clean.
- Jamal: means beauty in Arabic.
- Iris: Greek messenger goddess of Zeus.
- Delia: originally from the island of Delos.
- Fiona: Welsh name meaning clean or pure.
- Alba: symbolizes light.